Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 16, 2011

20 months update



Wow I can not believe that the end of summer is nearing that in only 4 short months Ailise be a 2 year old. That just does not seem possible it seems like she should still be a baby. But she is far from a baby anymore.




















This weekend we went to Paducah in hopes to meet Baby Taryn and Baby Addy but unfortunately we only got to meet Baby Taryn but hopefully we will meet Addy soon. Ailsie really was not sure of the baby at first. She did know that whoever had the baby is who she also wanted at least for a few seconds. She would walk by and say “baby” and then go on playing. Right before we left I was holding Taryn one last time and Ailise decided she wanted to hold the baby also. I told her that this was not like her baby doll and she climbed up on the couch beside me and put her arms out to hold the baby. She did not hold her but a few seconds before Taryn started crying and Ailise looked at me and said “cry”. We gave Taryn back to her mommy and Ailise did not understand that she wanted me to put the baby back on my lap or chest. She would pat my legs and say baby then pat my chest and say baby. It was funny.

Ailise is growing and changing so much so fast. Here are some 20 month update.

**Ailise loves to talk. I think she talks nonstop from the time she wakes up until she goes to sleep. It is getting easier to understand some of things that she says. She can now tell you all the main characters on Seasame Street (Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Big Bird, Grover, Zoe, Oscar) and Dora, Boots, backpack she also will say purple (puple), yellow(eow), red (ed), green (geen), blue, sit, why, careful, OK,  hot, mamaw(instead of grandma for my mom)

**Ailise got a Dora Power Wheels at a yard sale a few weeks ago. She really likes riding it but it has taken her a little bit to figure out how to hold the button down continuously. She really like it if someone will hold the button down and just let her ride all over the yard. She also likes to get off the four wheeler and stand beside it and push the button.

**She is becoming a very very independent eater. She wants to always feed herself. This still get messy sometimes depending on what she is eating. She has started eating more of the foods that Wade and I eat which is nice. But she still likes to eat her ravioli and Gerber meals.

**Sleeping I have decided is always going to be a cycle of good nights and bad nights. We have will have several nights when she will go to bed really good and sleep all night then we have nights when she does not want to go to sleep or wakes up a couple time (I really think that when she wakes up during the night she is dreaming.)

**Bathtime has always been loads of fun and continues to be lots of fun. She loves to take bubble baths and play with her toys and most of all she loves to SPLASH. She does not just barely splash she makes major splashes she usually has water everywhere by the time she gets out of the tub.

**Stickers are a new love that Ailise has. The past few days she has been absolutely amazed with stickers. Who would have thought that the stickers and name tags you get in the envelope trying to get you to join Disney movie club could provide so many hours of entertainment. I think I will def be investing in more stickers in our near future.

**Ailise still loves to show you where her ears, eyes, tongue, nose, head, hands, toes, and belly are.

**We are working with her trying to count but right now if you say one she will say two then five.

**She loves to look at books. It doesn’t matter what kind of book she looks at my cookbooks, her books, magazines anything can turn the pages on she is happy.

**One of her favorite things to do right now is run circles. She will say cicle and run around you 20 times. Somtimes she wants to hold your finger as she runs around you and that get very interesting. She laughs so hard the whole time that she is going in circles. I honestly do not see how she does not make herself sick.

**Ailise can tell you what sounds several animals make now. She can do a cat (meow), dog (bark bark) , cow(moo), horse, frog(ibbit) and lion(rarrr) say. Sometimes she tries to make the noise for an elephant but she has not gotten it down pat yet.

**She loves to tell you to sit. If she is sitting she will look at us and point next to her and say sit. It is so funny she will try to tell us to sit on everything that she thinks she can sit on even her riding toys.

**Ailise is def a daredevil and monkey in one. She will try to climb on everything and she has no fears. I am so afraid that she is going to fall but when I tell her to sit or get down or be careful she just laughs.

**She has such an imagination she loves to play with her baby dolls and stuffed animals, puzzles, balls, her computer, she loves to draw. She now will burp her baby dolls and it so cute and so funny.

I am sure there is so much more that I could tell you about what Ailise is doing and into these days but I am drawing a blank. I will update again next month or maybe sooner if I think of anything else or something fun happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.