I am so sorry that I did not update after Ailise’s surgery last Wednesday. Everything went really well with getting the tubes put in. We got to the hospital at 6 am and we were back home about 8:45 am. They took her back to surgery at 10 after 7 and she was back in my arms from recovery before 7:30. I have to say that was a very long 20 minutes, I am so glad that it was not any longer or I might have had a breakdown. Ailise was very attached to her daddy before surgery then afterward she wanted me to hold her and daddy to give her juice to drink so it was a team effort. I thought that she would sleep a lot that day but boy was I wrong. She did finally go to sleep around 915 or 930 in Wade’s arms but by 230 or 3 she was back to herself full force. So far she has not had any problems with the tubes but she is not sleeping any better than she was before either so my hopes are decreasing that this will help our sleeping habits. I feel bad because I did not get any pictures of Ailise at the hospital. She was so cute in her little hospital gown but once they started trying to take her vitals she was not a happy little girl anymore.
They told us to bring a favorite stuffed animal or blanket with us so that she could have it in the recovery room. We took her monkey with us and her blanket that grandma made her before she was born. The monkey was def a good choice. She hugs on that monkey all the time and that day was no different. When the anesthesiologist came to room to take her back for surgery after they had given her some liquid medicine to help relax her Ailise still did not want to go with her but once the lady was holding the monkey she went just fine and we never heard her cry at all going down the hall When Ailise came back to us from recovery the nurse carried her back to us then a little bit later they brought her bed back and her monkey was sitting on the bed and had a surgery match on his face, it was so cute. (I know another photo opportunity missed.)
Wade and I both took the whole day off to be with her just incase she needed anything at all.
Sorry this post is so late and that I missed out on some really cute photos for you. Thanks to everyone who kept us in your thoughts and prayers that day and I can honestly say I hope we never have to go through anything like this again because I don’t know if my nerves can handle it.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.