Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

What a big weekend we had

I have to say this is past weekend was probably one of the fastest weekends that we have had in a very long time but it was filled with so much fun.
Wade had to be in Indianapolis this past weekend for work. This time it was different though Ailise and I went up to Indy also to spend time with so that we would not have to go without seeing him for 4 days. I really don't know that we would have made it that long without seeing him. He left Thursday afternoon sometime so Ailise did not get to see him at all Thursday and you could tell Friday that she was missing him. I drove up with Ailise Friday evening after work, it was late when we got to Indy but it was well worth it. Ailise did really good in the car, she slept maybe 45 minutes or so but stayed awake the rest of the time. I could tell she was getting restless the last hour but I was not stopping by ourself and it being dark but she made it just fine. Wade meet us in the parking garage when we got to the hotel and her half asleep eyes lit up and was wide awake as soon she saw him. It was so sweet.
We stayed at University Place Hotel near downtown. It was a nice hotel. This was the first time that Ailise had spent the night in a hotel. She loved it because she got a bed all to herself with a pillow fort around her. Between the condo on vacation and now the hotel I think she is really liking sleeping in a big bed. We may have to consider something different for her at home before to long because getting her transition back to her baby bed is not fun. She is such a mover in her sleep and I think she wakes herself up when she moves to much in the baby bed. Her favorite part of the hotel room was wanting to play with the phone. I finally ended up unplugging one of the phones and she would carry it around base and all pretending to talk on the phone.
Saturday while Wade was at his market  for work we had a girls day out that was all about Ailise. My mom had been in Indy Friday with some people from work so she stayed the night in Indy and spent the day with us Saturday. It was great to get to spend time with her we all had so much fun.
We started off eating breakfast with mom at her hotel then we headed out to Fashion Mall Keystone. This was a highend mall we did not stay long here. We went to Apple Store and Gymboree then it was time to do head to our main destination for the day.
THE CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
Before we went I was trying to decide if this would be something that Ailise would like or if it would be to big for her but I am so glad that we went. This place was amazing and was definitely worth every penny that we spent to get in.
Ready to go in the Children's Museum

Mommy and Ailise excited about the museum

Ailise and Grandma getting ready to go in museum
 Our first stop was the Dora and Deigo room. It took Ailise a few minutes to figure out what all was going on and how everything worked but once she got the hang of the first activity center she was off. She loved this piggy bank activity. Next we walked thru the Barbie room so that she could take a break and relax in her stroller for a few minutes. Her other favorite room was Playscapes which also had Baby Playscapes then our final stop was at the carousel. Then 5 1/2 hours later we headed back to the parking garage. Ailise did not even make to the skywalk back to the garage before we was finally asleep. She had so much fun and played so hard all day. This is definitely  something that we will need to do again with her but hopefully next time Wade will be able to go with us.
Playing at the counting piggy bank

slide time
bouncy animals inside the entrance

Ailise not wanting to be still for a picture with Dora and boots

More pirate Piggies

she loved this spot

trying to sit on baby jaguar

Mommy and Ailise as space creators

more slide time

playing with the glowing stars

At the market in Egypt

playing in the water

playing in the sand

feeding the baby in the house

more water time

sitting in the front loader

carosel time

mommy and Ailise on the carosel


back to the water at playscapes


one more carosel ride

Ailise and Grandma on the carosel

Playing in an Indy car

rocking in babyscapes

finding an animal with Deigo

Mommy, Ailise, baby jaguar and Diego

Mommy, Ailise, baby jaguar and Diego

Finally a picture with Dora and boots

crawling thru a log


Bumble Bee


After the museum we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Then it was back to the hotel to see Wade since he was finished with market for the day. His boss had made them reservations for dinner at Weber Grill in downtown Indy and since Ailise and I had already ate we were going to stay back at the hotel and wait for him to get back, we did not want impose. We walked down to the lobby with him but as soon as he turned to leave Ailise starting crying so a minute later her came back and said that Jon wanted to know if we wanted to go, so we did. I had not brought anything down from the room with us no diaper bag no toys nothing and we were taking off to downtown Indy to a restaurant. Ailise did really good she sat in her highchair and entertained herself and everyone else. I know I probably say this alot but I just can not believe how good of a little girl she is. She very very rarely gives us any problems especially out in public. She has the best personality and absolutely loves being around people.
Sunday morning after Wade left to go back to his market Ailise and I slept in a little awhile. Once we got up and going it was time for us to head back home :(. We did not want to leave since Wade was not coming home with us but we had to. Ailise was so worn out from the busy weekend that she slept most of the way home. We did stop in Evansville on our way back and go to Sam's and the mall to give her a break from the car seat and we needed a few things from Sams. When we went to the mall we ate lunch at the food court and Ailise got to the carousel. She seems to love carousel's she really like this one because she was able to ride on one of the horses that moved. Sorry I don't why this picture will not rotate.
After the mall we finished our trip home. It was such a fun and busy weekend. We still had to go two nights without Wade but 2 is better than 4. Only 2 nights one at the beginning and one at the end of trip was much more bearably especially as attached as this little girl is to her daddy. We will definitely be waiting for him this evening.
Here are a few short video clips that I took at the museum.









I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and little girl in my life I really can not imagine what my life would be like without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.