Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

7 MONTHS!!

7 MONTHS!!

Wow it is already August which means our little girl is now 7 months old. I know I say this a lot but it does not seem possible. I was talking to Ailise Saturday (I know she did not understand me) and told her it is hard to believe that 7 months ago today there was a few inches of snow on the ground and you were born and changed our lives forever. As hot as it has been this summer it’s hard to remember all that snow.



This post should be a shorter than some of the last few because it has only been a few weeks since I updated her 6 month post. But you never know there is so much going on sometimes I ramble. Have no fear there will still be plenty of pictures. Wade says  that I always have my camera out taking pictures of her but I don’t want to miss anything.



We went back to the doctor yesterday to have her ears and congestion rechecked. At her check up she weighed 17 ponds 12 ounces and was 27 inches long. She is growing so fast she grew an inch in a month, I hope maybe this means she will be tall like her daddy. We got a good report at the doctor all of fluid was gone from her ears and all the infection and congestion was gone. This was GREAT news so now we don't have to go back until her 9 month check up.

I have to say that medicine that he gave her for her ears and congestion made a world of difference. I had that gut feeling that something more was wrong before this visit. She now makes more sounds especially dada. But she is getting startled by things that have never startled her before, such as the vacuum cleaner, the ice dispenser in the refrigerator door and just loud noises in general.



Before I get much further into what all she is doing let me post her 7 month pictures.







We have reached a major milestone this past week. Ailise FINALLY has her first tooth. I found it Sunday evening when I was drying her off after her bath. I was so excited to find it. It is her bottom front left. I have a feeling that there maybe a few more not to far behind it the way she has been acting.



Well last night Ailise started to try crawling. She is doing more of an army crawl and pulling herself with her arms. It is was so funny to watch her. I will try to get a video of her tonight to post on here. She does push off with her feet some but she does not get on her knees she looks like a  little frog. But I am afraid that it will not be long now and she will be getting into everything.



This past weekend she has really started to try to stand up. I had her standing next to her little guy and she was holding on to it and making it play music without me holding on to her. Of course I just barely took my hands off of her because I was afraid that she would fall. She has always loved to stand up but now she really wants to stand and by herself. It means she is growing up and we are not ready for that.



Ailise is still a really good eater. She has done really well with most of the stage 2 foods so far. We are still having a hard time with green foods but hopefully we will get there. I have tried her on some of combination flavors and she seems to do well with them. When you are feeding her she wants to take the spoon out of your hand and do it herself and if she is not doing that the she is putting her hands in her mouth which makes a huge mess everywhere. She usually has food all over her bumbo seat, in her hair, all over her face and sometimes on her legs. She is one messy eater that’s for sure. She is really getting the Sippy cup figured out. But now she thinks that she has to tilt her head all the way in order to drink out of it and she has started doing this with her bottle also. Sometimes it looks like she is just playing with her bottle then all of a sudden she will tip it up as far as she can with her head tilted all the way and drink for a few minutes then go back to playing with it. She is getting to smart.



Our sleeping routine this month has not been the best. She will go for 4 or 5 nights straight sleeping thru the night. Right as we start to feel like we are back on a routine and things are back to normal then a couple nights later she is up at 400 or 430 again. Usually when she wakes up at this time she wants to have a bottle then she will usually go back to sleep. There have been a few morning when she wants to play instead of going back to sleep. This girl has so much energy it is crazy. She does not nap much there are a lot of days that she may sleep for 30-45 minutes max all day. I def think she takes after her daddy so much in the sleep and energy departments.



Ailise still loves bath time. Whenever I take her into the bathroom to start getting ready for her bath she gets so excited. While the tub is feeling up she almost jumps out of my arms sometimes trying to get in. It is so much fun to watch her. She loves to play and splash but I really have to keep a hand on her because now she will lean over and hold on to the edge of her tub and try to pull herself up so she can reach the faucet.



She still loves to watch TV especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Blues Clue’s. She also gets very excited when the moose comes on between shows on Nick Jr. I don’t know what it is about the moose but as soon as she seems it she gets so excited.



We have not been able to spend a lot of time outside this past month because it has been so hot. We do try to get her outside whenever we can because she loves it. Ailise and I did sit outside this past Saturday while Wade washed both of the vehicles. I think she would have sat out there all day long even if it was 100 degrees as long as she could watch her daddy.






Ailise watches every move that Wade makes now. If she can see him then she thinks he should be paying attention to her. When he is not paying attention to her she will turn her head to the side and try to look around at him to get his attention. When she gets his attention she is all smiles then.



Wade likes to hear her say dada. She says it a lot now but still no mama. I will look at her and tell her to say mama and will either giggle, smile or blow bubbles she does not even try. She will jabber and babble up a storm though. We may have no clue what she is saying or even talking about but will just go on and on. Sometimes I will hear her playing and it sounds like she talking to her toys it is so cute. Also it sometimes sounds like she says hey dada when he is not in the room.



We did take her out to my dad’s house a couple times to swim and she had a blast. Wade let her ride on his shoulders and then he bent down in the water and she kicked and splashed like crazy. She would lay her head on his head, smile and just kick her little feet. It was so cute. I will try to get some pictures from my dad so I can post them.



There is very little laying down around our house anymore. Ailise either wants to be sitting up playing or standing up trying to walk or jumping. I think she could jump all day long if we had the arm strength to let her. She gives us a good arm workout that’s for sure.



Well her toes are fair game to suck on all the time. It doesn’t matter if she is lying down or sitting up now. It was so funny, I had her sitting in the kitchen floor one night last week while I was putting some groceries away and I heard her sucking really loud on something and I looked down and she was leaned all the way over sucking on her big toe. I laughed so hard but of course I managed to get the camera while I was laughing.







We bought her some new toys but she has not quiet figured out how to work them the correct way yet. Right now she just likes to make them play music or bang them together. I am trying to teacher her how to take turns with things like a ball but she we still need a lot of practice. Can’t teach sharing too early!


 


Giggles and grunts are getting easier to get but we still have not had a good belly laugh yet. She will smile; blow bubbles, little giggles and lots of grunt all the time just not a good laugh. We try everyday to get a good laugh and we will keep trying hopefully it wont be to much longer.



This past weekend she started sticking her tongue out at everything we would say or do. She had a very long tongue. She could touch her nose with her tongue if she would try.



Everything that she can get her hands on still goes straight in her mouth. She is very curious and wants to try to get everything that she can see. Everything in her sight is fair game including remotes and phones. Anything that makes a noise she really likes to get a hold of. If we are sitting in the glider beside her swing she now wants to stand up and try to push the buttons on the swing.



Now if Ailise wants you pick her up she will put her arms up in the air. She will also reach for you if someone else is holding her and she wants to come to you. I love when she reaches out for me.



We put her new car seat in the car this past weekend, She looks so little in it. I felt sorry for her Saturday because she went to sleep in her new seat on the way home from Evansville and her poor neck looked so uncomfortable. But I think she will like this seat because she does not have to lie down anymore. It was really getting to be a battle to get her into her car seat a lot of times because she wanted to sit up.



Ailise loves music. She will bob her head and sometimes move her arms. If she is standing when the music is she will bounce up and down. It doesn’t matter what kind of music you play she will bounce around to any of it.



Well it seems that this post has once again gotten quit long again. There is always so much to update. Ailise is def a huge blessing to us and we are really enjoying watching her grow and change. We are so blessed to have such a happy healthy energetic little princess in our lives. I hope everyone has a great month and to everyone going back to school I hope you have a wonderful and safe school year.  Sorry there isn't more pictures but the uploading is not wanting to cooperate. Ill have extra ones next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.