Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4 Months!

Is it summer or is it spring the weather these days I can't decide which it is. We were very lucky a few weekends ago that we only got rain and wind and we were able to avoid the tornados and flooding. We were very sad to see and here about all the flooding in Nashville . As most of you know that is usually our get away but close to home.

Our baby girl is growing so fast. I can't believe where all the time has gone. It seems like only yesterday that we were anxiously awaiting her arrival. She has changed our world so much and we love her to death. I really do not know what we would do without her now.

I got to celebrate my first Mother’s Day this past weekend. It is a wonderful feeling. I’ve only been a mom for four months but it has been very wonderful 4 months. I could imagine having this strong of a bond with such a little person so fast.
Ailise went for her 4 month checkup and second rounds of shots yesterday. She now weighs 13 lbs 2 ounces and is 24 3/4 inches long. The doctor was very pleased with her growth. We are suppose to start her on cereal and stage one baby food. She had cereal last night and really seemed to enjoy it.
What all is Ailise doing now:
** She is talking and squealing all the time. We love to hear her talk it is so funny. She will mock Wade now when he talks and squeals with her. She is so funny she will keep getting louder and loader to out do him.
** She still is not a fan of tummy time. She will lay on her belly for a little bit and hold her head up and she can scoot some on her legs. She gets frustrated after she scoots her legs because she has not figured out home to move her arm with her legs yet. After she has had enough she will roll back over to her back.
** She still loves bath time. She splashes like crazy now. When she really gets excited in her tub she can splash water half way up the tub walls.
** I think he is starting to teeth. We can not keep her hands out of her mouth. She has both of her little hands so chapped up where she keeps them in her mouth. But now she will chew on her teething toys some.
** Ailise has started to grab toys and anything else she can get her hands on but it all goes straight to her mouth. She tries to put her rattle in her mouth but it’s to big so she just chews on the side of it. Once she grasps the toy she can also switch it between her hands.
** She has managed to break her first toy. We had one of those little gyms that had the animals that dangled down. Well once she learned to grasp and pull on the animals then she wanted them in her mouth also. A month or so of pulling on them she has managed to wear out the support to hold the bar up. Before she broke it you would hear her in there talking away to the animals. So needless to say when we went to Evansville for Mother’s Day we got her a new Tiny Tikes play gym.
** We took Ailise to have her 3 month pictures made at Wal-Mart. She did very good with them. She was in a good mood and was smiling like a big girl. This made it so hard to decide which ones to buy because of course I wanted them all.
Well I guess that is all I have for now. I am sure there is plenty more that I could write about but I am drawing a blank. So I will end with this not. Happy late Mother’s Day to everyone and hope that you all have a wonderful month and maybe the post for next month will not be to late.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.